Create an ODBC Connection
With an ODBC connection, you can connect to any database, on any computer in your network, as long as an ODBC connection is available.
Here is how to create an ODBC connection to a MS Access Database:
- Open the Administrative Tools icon in your Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Data Sources (ODBC) icon inside.
- Choose the System DSN tab.
- Click on Add in the System DSN tab.
- Select the Microsoft Access Driver. Click Finish.
- In the next screen, click Select to locate the database.
- Give the database a Data Source Name (DSN).
- Click OK.